If you're new to the terminal, then the man command is your very best friend. This video clip will teach you how to use the man (manual page) command to view the manual pages for terminal commands. A manual page includes a brief description of the command as well as outlines the various options that may be used with the command. Use the Page Up and Page Down keys to scroll forward and backward in the manual page. Press q to quit the manual page. To search all commands for a particular keyword, try using man with the -k option (e.g., "man -k list").
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades