Wouldn't it be great if we could all enjoy the music, photos and movies on our home computers even when we're not home? Some would think it a luxurious feature, but it's totally possible for anyone who has Windows 7 and an internet connection. See how!
Windows 7 introduces Remote Media Streaming, which provides easy access to your Windows Media Player 12 library over the Internet. Remote Media Streaming is available only in the Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions of Windows 7.
To use Remote Media Streaming, both computers must be running Windows 7. Turn it on using the new Stream menu in Windows Media Player 12, and then associate both computers with an online ID, such as a Windows Live e-mail address.
Remote Media Streaming is just one option for enjoying your media library elsewhere in Windows 7. If you have a homegroup, it's easy to stream media between your home PCs. You can also stream to your stereo or TV using Play To (additional hardware might be required).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades