This is a quick tutorial on how to create a new administrator account on a Windows computer.
On Windows XP, click the Start button, then open up Run..., and type in "cmd" and click OK.
On Windows Vista or Windows 7, click Start, search for "cmd" and press Enter.
Now, in the command prompt window, type:
net user /add [*username] [password]
Press Enter. Here's an example of what it should look like:
net localgroup administrators [username] /add
Press Enter. Here's the example:
You should now have a new Admin Account on your PC!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades