The Google Chrome OS has been making a lot of waves for its convenience. In this video, the convenience is further highlighted, as we are shown how to install the Google Chrome OS on a Flash drive. Now you can take the entire OS with you wherever you'd like to go.
For running Chrome OS from USB stick, we are going to use Chrome OS Cherry (formerly Diet Chromium), a slimmer Chrome OS that supports more hardware.
Here's what you need to do to install Chrome OS on an USB stick:
1. Download Chrome OS Cherry and extract the downloaded archive.
2. Write the chromiumos.img file onto an USB stick (bootable, obviously).
-For Windows, download and install Win32 Image Writer
Then, under "Image File", select the chomiumos.img file and on the "Device" section, select your USB drive. Now you can click "Write" and the image will begin to be written on the USB drive.
-For Ubuntu, install USB Image Writer:
sudo apt-get install usb-imagewriter
After installing it, you will find it under Applications Accessories Image Writer.
Then simply select the chomiumos.img under "Write image", select your USB drive, and click on the "Write on device" button.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades