This guide works 100% for Vista & Windows 7, unlike most of the guides out there. The method is very simple and hassle free. Needless to say, your motherboard should support USB Boot feature to make use of the bootable USB drive.
Follow the steps below to create bootable Windows 7/Vista USB drive, which will enable you to install Windows 7/Vista easily.
1. Plug-in your USB flash drive to USB port and move all contents from the USB drive to a safe location on your system.
2. Extract the WINRAR/WINZIP files to the safe location on your computer.
3. Open Command Prompt with admin rights by one of the following methods:
-Type "cmd" in Start menu search box and hit Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter.
-Go to Start menu > All programs > Accessories, right click on
Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
4. Type in the following commands in the Command Prompt:
-Type DISKPART and hit ENTER to see the below message.
- LIST DISK
- SELECT DISK 1
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
- SELECT PARTITION 1
- FORMAT FS=FAT32 (Format process may take few seconds)
-Type XCOPY C:\WINDOWS7\*.*/S/E/F E:\
5. After all the files have finished copying from C: to E:, type command EXIT and hit ENTER.
6. The booting is successfully updated on all targeted volumes.
* User doesn't have to insert a CD/DVD. Can work on a computer running without an CD/DVD drives.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.