Most people have multiple email addresses these days. Gmail is one of the more popular services, but did you know you can access your Gmail account using the Mac OS X mail program? Not only is it possible, but it is incredibly easy!
1. Open the Mail program. If this is the first time you have opened it, you will be prompted for your name and other information. If this is the case, skip to step 3.
2. Click the Add Account menu item after pulling down the File menu.
3. On the prompt that appears, enter your name, your Gmail email address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your Gmail password. This will allow the mail program to download messages from your account and to send messages using your account.
4. After typing in your information and hitting the button, your mail program will automatically download the settings needed for Gmail. After that is complete, your Gmail account will appear under your inbox section.
Now you can send and receive email using your Gmail email account, and you don't have to open up a web browser!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades