The following are the steps to be followed to boot Windows XP from a CD:
1. The first thing to do is switch on your computer. Before your computer starts loading windows, you need to hit the F12 key.
2. Hitting F12 will take you to the boot menu.
3. Here you can see the options like removable devices, hard drive, CD-ROM drive and IBA 4.1.07 slot 0240. Use the arrow keys to select the boot source.
4. From the options displayed by the boot menu, select CD-ROM drive and hit enter.
5. The system starts booting windows XP.
This is how you boot Windows XP with a CD.