Changing the drive letter is necessary for reassigning hard drives. This straightforward tutorial breaks down the steps for performing this simple computer-housekeeping task.
1. Go to start Then "control Panel"
2. From control panel go to "Performance and Maintenance"
3. From there go to "Admin Tools"
4. Once at admin tools go to "Computer Management"
5. At the Computer management window find "Disk Management" in the left box
6. Right click on the drive you wish to change the letter of and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths"
7. A box will come up click "change"
8. Select your choice of a letter and click "OK"
9. A confirmation box will come up. select whether you want to make the change or not
10. Double check you have successfully changed the drive letter by going to "My Computer"
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades