This video tutorial from butterscotch presents how to change file associations on your computer.File association is a link between a certain type of file (.doc, .gif, .txt) with a particular program.For example text files are by default associated with Notepad application.So if you double-click text file it will be automatically opened in this program.In case you want to open this file in a different type of program, you need to change the file association.To do that, right click the file, then click Open with-Choose default program.From Open with window choose or browse for a program you want to be associated with this file.Make sure Always use the selected program to open this kind of file option is checked.Then click OK. Now you've change text file association from Notepad to the program you wanted.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades