In this video tutorial, viewers learn how to change an icon in My Computer. Users will need to already have a picture of the icon that they want to change to. Begin by opening the drive. Right-click anywhere, select New and click on Text Document. Name the document "autorun.inf". Right-click the text document and open it with Notepad. In the document, type in:
ICON=(name of icon image)
Now save the document and drag the icon image into the drive folder. Now refresh the drive by unplugging it and plugging it back in. The new icon will now appear for the drive. This video will benefit those viewers who dislike the default icon of the drives in the My Computer folder, and would like to learn how to change it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades