One of the first things I do whenever I install Windows on a PC, is to change the default sound settings - I don't know about you, but I can't stand the dull, dreary sounds chosen by Microsoft whenever you start Windows, log on or off, or shut down your PC.
I also hate the fact that you can be doing the simplest of tasks, and suddenly you accidentally click something you shouldn't have, and you get no end of beeps, sirens and other warning sounds.
In this screencast tutorial, I show you how to change or remove the sounds that are played when you perform certain tasks in Microsoft Windows XP.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades