Certain aspects of Windows User Interface are not customizable like the text of the start button in Windows XP. However you can use certain tools and follow a procedure to change the default text of the start button. To do this you have to use a tool called Resource Hacker. Note that this is a very simple method, but be careful or you may end up causing damage to the Operating System as you are modifying system files. To do this run the program. Now browse to the Windows folder and locate windows.exe. Open this file in resource hacker. In the string table, click on 37. Select the option from it. On the right hand side you will find the text 'Start'. Go on and change it to your desired text. This video shows how to change Windows XP start menu text.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades