This how-to video explains how to changing the name of a computer, workgroup in a network and the description on a Windows XP.
A workgroup is a network, example home computer network where two computers are connected to the same network that can share the same router or modem and can share files and folders between them. These two computers are referred as a workgroup network. Both computers share the same work group name but not a computer name.
1) To rename the workgroup name click on the ‚Äústart‚Äù button, right click on ‚Äúmy computer‚Äù and click properties.
2) The system properties will show the details of the computer. Click on the ‚Äúcomputer name‚Äù tab. In this demonstration the computer is already connected to a laptop (System A) whose workgroup name is GTAXL. The name of the work group for the system B has the default name ‚ÄúWORKGROUP‚Äù. To rename the computer click the ‚Äúchange‚Äù button.
3) Change the computer name and rename the work group as desired. For demonstration the ‚ÄúWORK GROUP‚Äù name is renamed to GTAXL so that system B is connected to the same network.
4) Change the description of the system B and restart the computer. Once the system restarts the new settings will take effect.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades