Your IP address is what identifies your personal computer while you are online. You may want to change your IP address for privacy, to bypass website settings, to download, or for various other reasons. This tutorial will take you through the steps you need to start surfing more anonymously.
You Will Need
• A computer with internet access
Step 1: Ask ISP
Ask your internet service provider to change your IP address if it is static. A static IP address applies if you use a cable modem or DSL, and is the permanent address assigned to your computer.
Step 2: Turn off your computer
Turn off your computer, router, and modem overnight to get a new IP address.
Turning off your computer will not give you a new IP address if you have a long lease time, which is set by your internet service provider.
Step 3: Clone Mac
Clone your Mac address to change your IP address if you have a long lease time. A Mac address is a hardware address assigned to your network connecting device.
Step 4: Follow instructions
Follow the instructions on the manufacturer's web site to clone your Mac at your router.
Did you know? Some IP addresses are dynamic, changing every time a user logs on to the internet.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades