Vanessa from Tekzilla Daily gives us a very helpful video guide on how to edit or tweak icons in the system tray on Windows 7. Typing "notification area" in the search box of the Start Menu calls up the Notification Area control panel. This control panel shows the different processes and programs that are on the system tray. It is where you can edit the settings for each process or icon, with options of "always appear, never appear or show up only when needed". You can also control the basic system services like Clock, Volume and Power by clicking on "Turn System Icons On or Off". As an added feature, Windows 7 now allows you to rearrange system tray icons by simply dragging them and placing them where you want the icon to be. These steps will allow you control of the services running in the background of your OS and make your Windows 7 experience more enjoyable!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades