In this how-to video, you will learn how to free up space in your hard drive. This example uses Windows Vista. Go to your recycle bin, right click, and select properties. Change the maximum size of the recycle bin to 200 or 300 megabytes. Next, go to the Start Menu, All Programs, and Accessories. Select System Tools and go to both Disk Cleanup and Defragmenter. Setup a schedule for defragmenting, and then click defragment. For Disk Cleanup, select My Files Only, select a drive, and click okay. By viewing this video, you will learn how to properly and safely free up space in your hard drive if you are pressed for space.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades