Windows 8, the latest version of Microsoft's flagship software has introduced the new Metro UI screen as a replacement to the classic Start menu. If you want to get rid of the Metro UI, or you want to get the Start menu back, follow the directions detailed in this video
When you are in the Registry Editor, you will need to browse for this entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
Once you have found it, be sure to select RPEnabled and change the value from 1 to 0.
After you have changed the UI back, you can toggle between the two different settings with the Windows key.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades