New to Ubuntu Linux? This computer operating system could be a bit tricky for beginners, but fret not, help is here. Check out this video tutorial on how to enable USB support in VirtualBox on Ubuntu Linux.
By default, USB support was disabled in VirtualBox, so you'll probably want to enable it. Otherwise you'll get an error when you go into the Settings of your virtual machine. To correct this...
Step 1: Type "getent group vboxusers" in a terminal window and copy the "gid" "xxx"
Step 2.a: Type "sudo gedit /etc/fstab" To Edit the fstab and give permission to the vboxusers group for USB. 2.b: Add "none /sys/bus/usb/drivers usbfs devgid=xxx,devmode=664 0 0" to the fstab where "xxx" is your gid.
Step 3. Enable USB 2.0 in the settings of your VM.
Tru3m0sl3m has all kinds of tutorials, from Windows and Ubuntu Linux operating systems to Islamic videos. If you're looking for some quick and handy computer tips or tricks, this is a good place to start.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades