If you have files on your PC that you don't want other window's accounts to be able to access, you can encrypt them. Right click the file that you want to encrypt and select properties from the drop down menu. Once the properties page comes up, choose advanced. Now choose Encrypt contents to secure data and click ok. Now you click on apply. Select encrypt the file only and click ok. Hackers and administrators will not get an access denied message when they try to open the file. To make things simpler you can encrypt a whole folder and everything in that folder will be inaccessible to others. You follow the exact same procedure a you did for the single file, you just start by right clicking the folder instead and then following the previous steps. You will know when a file is encrypted because the text will change color.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades