Broken AVI video files are your worst nightmare. Nobody wants to watch a video and find out it's corrupted and not working anymore. But there could be a solution on Linux. This computer operating system could be a bit tricky for beginners, but fret not, help is here. Check out this video tutorial on how to fix broken AVI files with DivFix++ on Ubuntu Linux.
DivFix++ is an open source AVI video repair and preview software which works on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. It was designed for repair and preview of files downloaded from bittorrent, gnutella, emule, ftp, web or any such source and it can repair AVI and DivX files (for now).
The interface and operation are straight forward. Just select where you want the repaired file to be saved, use drag and drop to add the videos which need repairing, into the Source Files pane and that's about it. Repair time was fairly quick and the resource utilization is pretty low. The application requires no installation on Windows, you just simply have to unzip the archive.
DivFix++ provides options to leave the original video file intact, preview the repaired file in some temporary location, and delete after repairing. It also provides option to cut out bad parts so as the fix the video with good parts.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades