In this tutorial, learn how to fix a missing or corrupt error message "System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys"
Boot computer with the Windows XP CD-ROM in the CD drive
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
At the command prompt, type the following:
cd\windows\system32\drivers [PRESS ENTER]
ren ntfs.sys ntfs.old [PRESS ENTER]
If the ntfs.sys file is present and corrupt it will be renamed, if it is not there, then it was missing.
At the command prompt, type the following, then press Enter:
copy X:\i386\ntfs.sys drive:\windows\system32\drivers [Where X=CD-ROM Drive]
Remove the CD from the drive, type quit and then press Enter to quit the Recovery Console.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades