Learn how to fix or recover a corrupt windows registry following the steps outlined in this video tutorial. To begin, take the hard drive out of the computer with the corrupted registry and connect to another computer. To find the files you need to replace go to Start and My Computer. Look for the hard drive that you just added and double click on it. Go to Tools and Folder Options. On the View tab under Advanced Settings click Show Hidden Files and Folders, and unclick Hide Protected Operating System Files. Then, click Yes. Click on Windows, System 32, and then the Config folder. You will be replacing five files: Default, SAM, Security, Software, and System. These will be replaced with a copy from the restored file.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades