Formatting the hard drive on Windows Vista is easy. First click Start, then Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management. When that opens up, click Storage Disk Management. This will open a window showing all the computer's partitions. It isn't possible to format C: because that is where the operating system is installed. We will format disk 2. Right click on that, and select New Simple Volume. This will open the wizard. Follow the prompts through the wizard to Finish. The computer will take a few minutes to format, when it is done you can check it in My Computer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades