This video will teach you how to increase your PC's virtual memory. Or in other terms, the Random Access Memory space to be used when doing something with your computer. 1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL. Go to Performance tab. 2. Check the Commit Charge which is also the amount of virtual memory used. 3. Right-click the My Computer shortcut on your desktop. 4. Go to Advanced tab. 5. On the Performance box, click Settings button. 6. Click the Advanced tab. 7. At Virtual Memory box, click Change button. 8. Select which Drive you want to use. 9. Click the Custom size button. 10. Enter the minimum and maximum space in megabytes you want to allocate for the virtual memory. 11. Click the Set button. 12. Check the paging file size of the drive you have selected. 13. Click OK button. 14. Check again the size on the Virtual Memory box. 15. Click OK button. 16. Click OK button again on the last window. 17. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to reveal the Task Manager window. 18. Go to Performance tab. and you will see that the Commit Charge has increased.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades