New to Ubuntu Linux? This computer operating system could be a bit tricky for beginners, but fret not, help is here. Check out this video tutorial on how to install Firefox 3.5/3.6 and make it the default browser on Ubuntu Linux.
To install the latest Firefox 3.5 (final) or Firefox 3.6 in Ubuntu, open a terminal and:
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
and add these two lines:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mozil... jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mozil... jaunty main
Then add the Launchpad PPA GPG key:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 247510BE
And finally, install Firefox 3.5 final:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install firefox-3.5
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install firefox-3.6
If you already have a version of Firefox 3.5 installed from a repo:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
and then just follow the tutorial to make it your default browser
Tru3m0sl3m has all kinds of tutorials, from Windows and Ubuntu Linux operating systems to Islamic videos. If you're looking for some quick and handy computer tips or tricks, this is a good place to start.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades