MySQL is a multithreaded, multi-user SQL database management system which has over 10 million installations. It runs as a server providing multi-user access to databases. It is by far the most popular and common database used in web applications throughout the world, and almost all hosting companies provide it free of charge to their users. MySQL AB makes MySQL Server available as free software under the GNU General Public License (GPL). For this tutorial we are going to download and install MySQL on a Windows 2003 server with IIS for a web server. While there are many options in the installation, most of them are outside the scope of this tutorial. Here, our goal is to get MySQL running on your server so you can go on to use it as your database for other web applications.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades