Software expert David Steinlage guides the viewer through the step-by-step process of installing VMware and Windows XP on a computer driven by Ubuntu Linux. The first step is to get a serial number, which can be obtained free by visiting the site www.vmware.com and filling out the registration form. The VMware installer application Automatix is then opened and upon clicking the desired options, the installation of VMware starts automatically. At the end of installation, the user is prompted to type in the serial number obtained earlier, in the box provided. This step finishes the installation process. When VMware is started, the section on the left shows a list of all the virtual machines on the computer. Right-clicking in the empty space of this section starts an installation wizard that assists the user in creating a new virtual system and installing Windows XP.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades