In order to install Windows 7 from a USB drive, while you are running XP, you will need a pen drive. You will also need a Windows 7 DVD and a pen driver.
Download a replacement utility. Google ‚ÄúMbrWiz‚Äù. Download it. Place it in a non-Windows drive. Look up the disk number in your command prompt window, when you have downloaded it. Set it as ‚Äúactive‚Äù, and confirm it. Insert your Windows 7 DVD in your drive.
In your command prompt window, search for the number of your pen drive. Copy your files to your pen drive. Set your pen drive to the highest priority. Restart Windows. Boot your pen drive. This will give you a bootable pen drive.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades