This is one of the things I am asked the most and there are so many different answers. It is hard to just tell you without know your computer's current speed or what type of hardware it has. So here I will talk about how to speed up a slow computer and how to keep your computer running fast.
This is the most important thing to look in to when it comes to your computer speed. For an all right computer you will want at least 1 GB of RAM and a duo core processor 2.0ghz. If you have less than that, your computer will be generally slow when trying to do more than one thing at once or trying to run bigger programs such as Adobe Photoshop.
Step 1 Do a simple clean up.
Go though your computer's documents, photos, videos, and other files. Delete any files you don't need or will never use.
Step 2 Uninstall unneeded or unwanted software.
- Go to Start>Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program.
- Find all the software programs you never use, or don't need, and uninstall them.
Step 3 Clean tracking items with CCleaner.
- Download CCleaner.
- Install, and run CCleaner.
- Open CCleaner. Go to the Cleaner area and check all the boxes you want to clean. It's recommended that you don't touch the stuff in the Advanced area unless you know what you are doing.
- Click "Run Cleaner", which will do everything for you. It will delete all the files you no longer need, such as the ones in your history, your cookies, and others. If you use auto-logins for websites you may have to sign back in again.
Step 4 Run the Registry Cleaner.
- In CCleaner, go to the Registry tab.
- Click Scan for Issues. This may take some time.
- When scan is finished, click on Fix Selected Issues. Back up your Registry if you would like to do so.
Step 5 Defrag your computer.
- Go to My Computer.
- Right-click on your Hard Drive and click on Properties.
- Go to Tools>Defragment Now.
- Click Defragment Disk.
So these are my tips on how to make your computer a bit faster. Please leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades