This video describes what is known as the dashboard, which is located in the dock on the Mac desktop. The dashboard is a set of small programs known as widgets that let you see information at a glance. Some examples of useful widgets are a clock widget, a calendar, a calculator, a dictionary/thesaurus, and a Google search widget. You can bring them up at any time by simply clicking on the dashboard icon. If you want to add a new widget, click on the plus sign at the bottom of the window and you will see a list of all the available widgets. To use a widget just drag it to the desktop. You can easily remove a widget by clicking on the "X" in the upper left corner. To see the widgets that you have installed click on "Manage Widgets". You can store your widgets or disable them if you wish. Clicking on "More Widgets" will open up the Apple website, where you can download widgets created by other people. When you are finished with the dashboard you can send it to the back by simply clicking on your desktop.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades