In this tutorial, we learn how to monitor hardware sensors in Ubuntu. First, go to your Synaptic Package Manager and download any IM-Sensors you need. You will also have to download and install "hddtemp". After you do this, go to your terminal and type in "sudo sensors-detect", then press enter. Answer the questions YES to every question you are asked. When you get to the end, start the chip drivers that are found by typing in "sudo modprobe (driver name)". This is all you have to do to monitor your different sensors and see what the temperatures are at!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades