In this tutorial, we learn how to password protect a folder on Windows Vista. To do this, you will first need to have WinRAR downloaded on your computer, you can get it here: https://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html. Next, you will right click on your screen and click "new" and "folder". Then, you will rename your folder to anything you'd like. From here, you will right click and then click "add to archive". Then, go to advanced and set password from the toolbar. Enter in the password of your choice, then click on "encrypt file names". From here, you will be able to delete the old folder, and then type in your password.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades