Have some files you don't want anyone to see? Or maybe it's just been a while since you've emptied your trash bin. The trash bin function is not a permanent delete but you can erase files off your Mac with this tutorial.
As of OS 10.3, Macs have had the "Secure Empty Trash" option in the Finder menu, which provides a pretty good secure delete option. However, if you're serious about securely removing files and you want to up your security, Permanent Eraser is very serious about doing just that, with an even stronger delete. You can empty your trash with Permanent Eraser by just running the app, or erase individual files, drives, or optical discs by dragging and dropping the item onto the application's icon (or by using the included Automator action). Permanent Eraser is free to download, requires Mac OS X. Windows users might want to check out the Windows File Shredder.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades