There are 10 major ways to protect your PC. Disable Autorun, in Windows. Make sure that your system is up to date, by setting automatic updates. Always use a log on for your computer that does not have administrative privileges. Use different passwords, and change your passwords on a regular basis. Don't use simple passwords. Be careful of using links sent to you via email. Never disclose your sensitive information in public forums: e.g. social networks. Encrypt sensitive data on your computer. Use a personal firewall, in addition to security programs. Not all Wi-Fi has been created equally. Some are just for extracting your data. Don't use pirated software or cracked software. They often contain viruses.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades