Programs aren't perfect. Either are operating systems. And when one or the other (possibly both) aren't working as expected, your program may freeze up and become unresponsive. If this happens to you in Windows frequently, you need to know how to force quit the application, so you can restart it and get back to work.
This video tutorial will show you how to force quit these problematic programs, along with any file or folder that has frozen, with super fast speed.
Firstly, you'll need to open up the Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE. From there, simply find your unresponsive program, right-click and select Go To Progress (not End Task). The Processes tab will open and your program should be highlighted. Now, press the End Process button and select Yes. It instantly closes the problem child.
If you were to hit End Task from the Applications tab instead of Go To Process, it would take a lot longer to close the software program.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades