If something happens to a program you are working with on your Mac computer, and you have no choice, you will need to access 'force quit'. This is very easy to do, and luckily on a Mac you probably won't use it very often. There are several ways to do this and this video takes you through all of them. If you can, try and save your information before doing a force quit, because you may not be able to recover changes once the app closes.
If you need to force quit fast and nothing else is working, try this keyboard combination while the application is open:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades