Even if you haven't noticed it yet, Windows likes to clog your startup with tons of unnecessary applications. These startup apps slow down your computer's performance, but there's a way to optimize these startup settings to help your Windows Vista PC run a little faster. Watch and learn how to remove those unwanted startup programs with Windows Defender.
Open up Windows Defender by clicking the Start button, then searching for Defender. At the top of Windows Defender, click on Tools, then on Software Explorer. On the left-hand panel, click on a program you know you don't need, and then click Remove. Confirm by clicking Yes.
This prevents the program from starting automatically. Alternatively, you may click on Disable. Now close Defender.
The next time you start your computer, you should notice a significant speed boost. If not, try removing more programs from startup.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades