In this tutorial, we learn how to run a command prompt as administrator (Vista or 7). First, you will click on the start menu, then search for the term "prompt". Launch the command prompt, then a window will pop up with a black window. Type something in to see if it tells you the operation needs elevation. Now, click the start menu and type in "prompt" again. Then, click on the command link, right click, then click "run as administrator". Now, the new window will pop up that says "administrator" at the top of it. From here you can type in commands without it failing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades