Do you know which programs run when you start up your computer? In this short tutorial, I will show you how you can see which programs run automatically at startup in Windows XP. You'll be surprised how many there are!
Having multiple programs loading when you start up your system will significantly slow down the startup process. By carefully selecting which programs you actually want to run at startup and de-selecting the ones you don't, you can really speed up the overall boot-up process!
Now follow these 2 simple steps:
Step 1 Go to "Start" and select "Run"
Now type "msconfig" and click on "OK". This will take you to the system configuration utility.
Step 2 Select the programs
Now you can check or un-check the programs that you would like to run as your system is starting up. The more programs you select to run, the longer it will take for your system to start up. You will find that your computer can get bogged down by programs that have been automatically set to run at start-up, but that you no longer even use.
- Un-check as many programs as you can for the maximum speed.
- Leave the programs you absolutely need to start selected!
- You will need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades