In this how to video, you will learn how to run Windows programs for free on a Mac using Crossover Chromium. You will need to download Crossover and install it by downloading it and dragging it into the applications folder. You will also need Explorer XP. Go to the applications folder and show the package content of Crossover. Go to shared support as you will need a file here later. Open Chromium, go to support, Chromium, and Drive, and then drop Explorer XP into the folder. Open the info file and scroll to the bottom. Replace the path shown with the C directory shown. Save this file and then launch Chromium again. Select agree and install. Next, go to Macintosh HD and go to your user folder. Go to library, applications support, and double click Chromium. Go to drive C and program files. You will see Explorer XP here. Drag the file to the folder opened previously. Open the info here and change the directory. Save it and launch Explorer XP. Go to user library and double click any program installers for Windows. You can now install these files on to your Mac.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades