There's nothing wrong with running Windows on your OS X machine: all you need is Boot Camp, right? Wrong. There's a better way: virtualization software, such as the Parallels Desktop for Mac or VMware's Fusion. If you run virtualization software, you can run Windows operating systems like XP and Vista inside of OS X. Features like "Coherence" or "Unity Mode" even let you run a Windows application as if it were just another OS X app. But which software should you choose? In this tutorial, CNET's Tom Merritt answers the great VMWare vs. Parallels question. Which is best for running Windows applications inside of OS X? Watch and find out!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades