Much like Mac OS X's Dashboard, which contains Widgets, Windows 7 has developed their own uniqued version, which they call Gadgets. This quick tip video from Microsoft will help you understand where and what Gadgets are, and how to use them to best suit your needs.
Gadgets put information and fun—like news, pictures, games, and the phases of the moon—right on your desktop.
In Windows Vista, gadgets were corralled in the Sidebar. Windows 7 sets them free on the screen, where you can move and resize them as you like.
Drag a gadget close to the edge of the desktop—or another gadget—and watch it snap neatly into place for a streamlined look. Open windows getting in the way of your gadgets? Use Peek to make them instantly reappear.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades