This is another video in the helpvids series of technology videos. The video describes how to set power options in Microsoft Windows XP. These options control when the monitor is turned off, when the computer goes to sleep, and when the computer will go into a hibernation state. Laptops will have more options than desktop computers since there are battery options on a laptop. Click on the Start Menu and then Control Panel, then Power Options. The first screen offers the option to turn off your hard drive after a set number of minutes. The video continues discussing the different options on the Advanced tab and the UPSs tab.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades