In this video from AppleGenius0921 he shows us how to connect and set up a Rocport 9CX external hard drive to your Mac. You can connect with 800 or 400 firewire. Take the 800 firewire cord and connect it from the hard drive to the Mac firewire port. Now the Rokport will power up with a blue light and will pop up on the screen. To format it or change any settings, open disk utility, select your hard drive, go to Rocport, click partition, and click apply to settings. Next he shows up to set it up with a USB. You have to connect it with a mini USB and you need 2 USB cables to hook up to it. Connect both USB wires to the Mac from the Hard Drive and you should power up. Partition it the same way by going into disk utility and clicking how many partitions you want. It will go slower on USB than firewire. always remember to eject it on your Mac before taking the USB cable or firewire cable out of your Mac.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades