An interesting feature of Windows 7 is the ability to run Windows XP in a virtual machine in order to use applications that don't currently work with Windows 7. This is different than using other virtual machine options because in the final version of Windows 7, several versions will ship with this for free as opposed to other options such as purchasing VMWare and an XP license.
The steps in this video show you how to get this feature working in the RC of Windows 7 (build 7100). Overall, the set-up is very easy and being able to run applications virtually without the entire virtual OS is pretty cool.
Download SecurAble for this.
See how to set up Windows XP mode in Windows 7!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades