Make life easier by printing to your nearest PC printer the first time, every time.
You Will Need
* A printer
* A PC
* The printer's model number
* The printer's manufacturer
Step 1: Check connection and power
Check to see if the printer is properly connected and powered on.
Step 2: Click "Start" and find "Control Panel"
Click on the "Start" button at the end of the "Tool Bar" on your PC screen and then find the "Control Panel" on the pop-up menu.
Step 3: Click "Printers" icon
Find and double-click on the "Printers and Other Hardware" icon in the new window; then double-click the "Printers and Faxes" icon.
If you make a mistake, close the open windows and start over.
Step 4: Find your printer icon
Find the icon representing your printer and right-click on it.
Check for manufacture and model number on printer and then find the correct icon.
Step 5: Select "Default Printer"
Select "Default Printer" from the pop-up menu. If this selection is missing, the current printer is already your default.
Fact: In 1951, UNIVAC I, the world's first commercial computer, was unveiled – it did not come with a printer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades