To speed up the shutdown time for your computer, start by working on the regedit. To access the regedit click the start button. In the search box, type regedit. When the regedit comes up, click it and go down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Click hkey_local_machine and go down and click system. Click currentcontrolset in the the system list. In currentcontrolset, click control once. In the control window click waittokillservicetimeout. In waittokillservicetimeout, there will be a value. If the value is 20,000 then your shutdown time will be 20 seconds. If the value is 10,000 the shut down time will be 10 seconds. Click the waittokillservicetimeout and change the value to 5000. 5000 is as low as you can go. 1000, 2000, 3000, and 4000 do not work. This should lower your shutdown time to 5 seconds.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades