In this tutorial, we learn how to speed up Widows XP and Vista using boot performance. Disabling programs in the background you don't need will really increase the speed of your computer. To turn the programs off, click "start", then "run", then "msconfig", and press "ok". A new window will appear, choose "startup". You will see check marks next to programs that start when you turn on your computer. Click the check marks next to the boxes to disable or enable the programs you want to run when you start your computer up. This will free up system resources so your boot time and computer start up runs much more efficiently.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades