With this video, we learn how to tell if your hard drive is failing in Ubuntu Linux. If you have a failing hard drive, it will start making noises like clicking or grinding. If you hear these noises coming from your hard drive, you will need to get a new one before it fails completely and you lose all your data. You could have a failing hard drive but it doesn't make any noises. Hard drives come with a monitoring system so you can see what shape the hard drive is in. To see this, open up the Synaptic package manager. Then open up smartmontools to this. From here, open it up and then you will see the information about your hard drive.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades