As you already know, Ubuntu doesn't update a major Firefox update to their repository. Here are the steps to do a major Firefox update on Ubuntu.
Launch Terminal on Ubuntu and type in the following:
Step 1 Add the Firefox Stable PPA to your system's software sources.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
Step 2 Update the source list.
sudo apt-get update
Step 3 Install the newest Firefox.
sudo apt-get install firefox
Then, just launch Firefox to see the updated version. Watch the whole process in the following video.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades